APPARITIONS ANONYMOUS INCORPORATED TEAM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
APPARITIONS ANONYMOUS INCORPORATED TEAM

We are a small group of paranormal investigators.With a medium and parapsychologist.We have some unique venues that take us to places sought after by many other paranormal groups.We go where others fear to tread.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do you do for a living.

Go down 
+25
mouse
robman
jan
Fusecienne
KT
shelmor
fran
stella
Nina
electrogirl
deni
Claire101
michelle clements
nat
madmaz
sarah.w
pebpop
Dr.Egon Spengler
pogo
crazycow
lisa
valerie
tots
shamrock
lee
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
jan

jan

What do you do for a living. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living.   What do you do for a living. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 11:34 am

I'm a Premises Officer for Surestart ( part of the Council ), have worked as a PO for various council centres for over three years.

Have also been a Greens Keeper on one of the council golf courses...and until a year ago was Grounds Maintainance on Evington Park..until returning to be a Premises Officer again at current centre.

Was quite a few years ago a Nursing Auxillary at the the City General Hospital, in Renal, on the Kidney Transplant ward.

Loved the job and the people, but eventually the long hours and bl**dy awful shifts took their toll on both health and nearly marrage..so left nursing.

Many years ago when I first left school at 16 I was a cutter in the hoisery..infact I learnt to do every aspect of working in the trade.

I then worked in finishing printing, starting off with Collating ( putting letters and flyers and stuff in appropriate envelopes and boxes ) and then jumped at the chance to run the machinery..I then became an enclosing machine operator and also ran the folding machines..

Jan.
Back to top Go down
robman

PostSubject: making my crust   What do you do for a living. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 1:06 am

I am (and have been for 23 years) a carpet fitter. I have been self employed since the early 90's and I am finding business is pretty good for me (credit crunch??? what credit crunch) I sub-contract myself out for 3 days a week to United Carpets in Melton Mowbray and I do a day a week for a family run carpet shop in Blaby, the rest of my time is taken up with my own established customers, and yellow pages/yell.com work.
It is a great job because I get to meet new people every day, I am somewhere different every day, I am my own boss, so no one looking over my shoulder whilst working, and most importantly it is pretty good at paying the bills!
There was a time when I thought I would like to do something more academic, but short of me becoming a barrister or doctor, I don't think I could afford a career change now.

So for all your carpet needs "LEE FEEL FREE TO CUT FROM HERE ONWARDS" Surprised contact Rob at www.thecarpetfitter.com
Back to top Go down
tots
gold investigator
gold investigator
tots

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living.   What do you do for a living. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 11:50 pm

Rob I thought this was a thread on pie makin! lol.

Only joking. If I ever want a carpet fitting I know where to come. Thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pogo
platinum investigator
platinum investigator
pogo

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living.   What do you do for a living. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 12:12 am

handy chap to know as we are hoping to recarpet our house next year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aaincteam.com
shelmor
silver investigator
silver investigator
shelmor

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living.   What do you do for a living. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 12:19 am

Also,rob fitted our special 125th anniversary carpet at our school....with the school logo in the carpet. It looks fantastic.
Everyone was impressed
Back to top Go down
sarah.w
gold investigator
gold investigator
sarah.w

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living.   What do you do for a living. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 12:40 am

Rob do you work for Mill in blaby?????? as i know them and my son plays footy with his son.
Back to top Go down
mouse

mouse

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living.   What do you do for a living. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 11:04 am

Im a teaching assistant in a primary school, im in a class of 7 year olds. but im also taking a law degree.
Back to top Go down
fredy

fredy

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living.   What do you do for a living. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 12:54 pm

I fit double glazing for a living. yes its a sad job but somebody has got to do it.
Back to top Go down
steven/carol

steven/carol

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living.   What do you do for a living. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 2:49 am

Steve has been a insurance man, postman, worked at argos and now is a dreaded taxman for 5 years.

I'v only had one job since i left school in a plastics engineer firm as a machine operator, can't believe i'v been there 27 1/2 years flower
Back to top Go down
pogo
platinum investigator
platinum investigator
pogo

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living.   What do you do for a living. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 12:41 am

so many different jobs! i wonder what the most unusual job any one of us has?
Back to top Go down
beefy-beercan
tin novice investigator
tin novice investigator
beefy-beercan

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living.   What do you do for a living. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 12:59 am

im a joiner and a plumber and have worked for meny firms and have worked all over the country Very Happy
im now in maintenance and to be honest wouldnt mind doing something a bit different.
Back to top Go down
Jane_p

Jane_p

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living.   What do you do for a living. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Hi Folks,

I work for the County Council at County Hall and have worked there for about 7 1/2 years. I currently do work on the website, intranet and co-ordinating departmental Freedom of Information requests. What a Face

Yep.. its every bit as fun as it sounds...

lol!

Have been a student twice (art and then computers) hmmm.. worked as a freelance website designer, worked in shops, various offices, temped and worked as admin in a firm of solicitors....

Variety is supposed to be the spice of life isn't it????

Question
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living.   What do you do for a living. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you do for a living.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
APPARITIONS ANONYMOUS INCORPORATED TEAM :: General :: CHAT-
Jump to: