APPARITIONS ANONYMOUS INCORPORATED TEAM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
APPARITIONS ANONYMOUS INCORPORATED TEAM

We are a small group of paranormal investigators.With a medium and parapsychologist.We have some unique venues that take us to places sought after by many other paranormal groups.We go where others fear to tread.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ghosts of the hall

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lee
platinum investigator
platinum investigator
lee

Ghosts of the hall Empty
PostSubject: Ghosts of the hall   Ghosts of the hall Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 5:19 pm

There are plenty of unexplained happenings that have been reported over the years.

Two of the Winstanley family are said to haunt the property aswell as a boy and a dog.

Noises are heard throughout the building and there are cold spots in most rooms.

Down stairs in the basement there is a monk that has been seen and chants can be herad.Braunstone Hall and the park have long been associated with ghost stories with too many sightings for them to be dismissed or ignored. Stories of ghostly carriages drawn by black horses that disappear into the bleak spinney at the dead of night, a forlorn boy dressed in Victorian clothing whose shady figure stares out of an upstairs window. The young groom who died a tragic lonely death hanging from a beam in a room above the stables.

One of the most famous stories relates to a young girl in white who walks the corridors of the hall. Her appearance was so regular that the apparition was almost thought of as normal. The apparition frightened the young Winstanleys and their servants. They would have had nothing but a candle for light as they made their way along murky corridors to their quarters on the top floor passing the governess room where most of the sightings occurred.

The young girl could be one of two sisters who left the Hall to join a Roman Catholic convent, tragically the youngest, May, died of tuberculosis at the age of 18 while still a novice. Her sister Georgina died thirty-four years later in 1933.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aaincteam.com
jan

jan

Ghosts of the hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of the hall   Ghosts of the hall Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 1:47 pm

We live on one of the streets at the bottom of Braunstone Park.

I've spent just about all my life growing up in Braunstone. My dad and his brothers and sister went to Braunstone Hall when it was a school. They loved every minute of being there.

My dad doesn't believe in ghosts, but he did tell me that on the stairs ( I think it was or at the bottom of them ) that there was a stain that looked like a blood stain..or something very similar. He said that no matter what they did at the school to get rid of it, it would always re-appear.

The story of the groom hanging himself was to do with one of the daughters of the hall becoming pregnant by him.

She was sent away until after the baby was born. The young groom was dismissed and then told about her being sent away. He then hung himself in the stables.

When the daughter returned after the baby was born and conveniantly disappeared ( usually given to someone else to bring up ), and she heard about the young groom taking his life, she threw herself from the upstairs window.

She had a dog who's name was No No and although I'm not sure if she jumped with him in her arms or he tried to follow her, but he died as well.

No No was orginally buried infront of the house, but for some reason his grave stone is at the side of the house, where the iron gate goes across to stop cars getting around the back of it. Don't know if they exhumed him for some reason and reburied him there.

The Winstanleys were a tragic family, and a few years ago the last remaining Winstanley daughter to of been born in the hall came back for a visit for the first time since she was a child..she was 99 years young.

Also when we were kids we used to call the big oak tree in the playground of the hall the ' hanging tree', just a few years ago a young man did hang himself from that tree one christmas.

Jan.
Back to top Go down
crazycow
platinum investigator
platinum investigator
crazycow

Ghosts of the hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of the hall   Ghosts of the hall Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 7:04 pm

Hi Jan.

I walk my dogs there as i only live round the corner.
Some one told me about the hanging tree ages ago.

Ive also been told that the grounds are as haunted as the hall itself but dont no how true that is.

I'd be happy to find out though!
Back to top Go down
jan

jan

Ghosts of the hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of the hall   Ghosts of the hall Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 8:55 pm

Yes we always knew the grounds to be as haunted as the hall it's self. Trouble was when we went up when we were in our teens we imagined alsorts of things happening and frightened ourselves silly before we even got to the hall..so was never completely sure as to if any of the things we thought happened did actually happen or if we had convinced ourselves that it had.

I'd also be willing to see if it was true.

Think the only problem with going up there in the dark now is if the local gangs still hang around up there. There was a time when they all used to hang out in the hall grounds, mostly around the back of it and did the usual stuff that they would go up there to do. Don't know if thats all stopped now and the police cleared them off.

Jan.
Back to top Go down
lee
platinum investigator
platinum investigator
lee

Ghosts of the hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of the hall   Ghosts of the hall Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 10:16 pm

I have walked around there at night and it is a really nice and peaceful place.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aaincteam.com
jan

jan

Ghosts of the hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of the hall   Ghosts of the hall Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 8:19 am

Sounds like the youths have moved on then...thats good.

Do you think there will be a chance of you ever being allowed to do another investigation in there Lee ?

Jan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ghosts of the hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghosts of the hall   Ghosts of the hall Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ghosts of the hall
Page 1 of 1