APPARITIONS ANONYMOUS INCORPORATED TEAM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
APPARITIONS ANONYMOUS INCORPORATED TEAM

We are a small group of paranormal investigators.With a medium and parapsychologist.We have some unique venues that take us to places sought after by many other paranormal groups.We go where others fear to tread.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is Parapsychology

Go down 
+2
Claire101
sarah.w
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sarah.w
gold investigator
gold investigator
sarah.w

What is Parapsychology Empty
PostSubject: What is Parapsychology   What is Parapsychology Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 7:16 pm

Parapsychology is the scientific study of experiences which,if they are as they seem tobe,are in principle outside the realm of human capabilities as presently conceived by conventional scientists.

As far as the definition of parapsychological experiences is concerned it is purely a matter of appearences,of how an experience seems to be.
A fundamental task of researchers then is to investigate the actual bases of these experiences,determing the extent to which the phenomena are explicable within the framework of accepted principles of mainstream science and if appropriate,defining the respects in which that framework should be extended in order to accomodate the findings on the phenomena.

Before the beginings of parapsychology.Paranormal phenomena in western culture were associated with divine or malevolent forces.
The ancient Greeks,for example,believed that precognitive dreams were messages from the gods.The Old Testament contains many references to paranormal phenomena including levitation, visions and apparitions.
In the middle ages the Catholic Church declared all such phenomena diabolical unless associated with a holy person.
In the 18th century pope Benedict 14th investigated alleged miraculous and paranormal phenomena,and his conclusion that paranormal experiences are neither devine or demonic but are linked to the capabilities of the person having the experience and it could be said that he was the first parapsychological researcher.
In the 19th century saw the rise of spiritualism and many physicist conducted experiments regarding the paranormal,W Barrett was not entirely convinced and devoted his idea of forming an organisation to study such phenomena.
In 1882 the foundation for the Society for Psychical Research was formed.his work led to the foundation of the American Society for psychical research.
Then along came Rhine in the 1930`s and the experiments took the Parapsychological world to the next level.The majority of those experiments that were produced in Rhines years we still use today.
In the 1960`s parapsychologist experimented with PSI and how PSI is affected by factors such as altered states of mind,mood,personality,time and so on.
other significant research included remote viewing,clairvoyance and out of body experiences.
Psychokinesis had many experiments associated with people such as Uri Geller.
in the 1970`s parapsychologists focused on using PSI in other fields such as archaeology and criminology.
Altough Rhine was a major contributor most of the experiments were carried out on individuals and were not taken to the extent of the British or American experiments.
In recent years experimental research on PSI has finally gained a foothold and some impressive research has been produced and published throughout the World.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aaincteam.com
Claire101

PostSubject: Re: What is Parapsychology   What is Parapsychology Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 1:01 am

I think parapsychology sounds really interesting and I'd like to know more...
...however what irritates me about 'science' is that its still pretty 3-D based,and things can only be 'proven' provided we have the means to 'prove' them with!
The Chinese have known about and used chi/energy effectivley for thousands of years... but only now (the last 15 yrs or so)that western science is able to 'prove' it 'exists',or certainly vallidate its effects through scientific/anatomical explanations is it being used effectively in certain areas ofWestern medicine.
Not really relative to parapsychology except its a good example of science at its most 'ignorant' when it comes to only accepting things when it has created the 'means' to prove them!
Thats why I find parapsychology interesting,but very limited...
Back to top Go down
lee
platinum investigator
platinum investigator
lee

PostSubject: Re: What is Parapsychology   What is Parapsychology Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 10:12 am

That is so very true but i am afraid that that is science for you.But a very good example.
Back to top Go down
pogo
platinum investigator
platinum investigator
pogo

PostSubject: Re: What is Parapsychology   What is Parapsychology Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 11:30 pm

to me its a big word i can't say when i've had too much to drink!!!!
Back to top Go down
princess
tin novice investigator
tin novice investigator
princess

PostSubject: Re: What is Parapsychology   What is Parapsychology Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 11:42 pm

I have just enquired about starting the parapsychology course at Liverpool uni and It looks very interesting but also very hard and intense.I think that it will be worth it.
It will be alot of travelling though and with having a family it will be hard on them but it is something that I would like to do and achieve.

The course is with the parapsychologist from Most Haunted.So that should be interesting.
Back to top Go down
wildchild

wildchild

PostSubject: Re: What is Parapsychology   What is Parapsychology Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 4:40 pm

It sounds too much like hard work for me.I willleave this to people who know better.
Back to top Go down
lee
platinum investigator
platinum investigator
lee

PostSubject: Re: What is Parapsychology   What is Parapsychology Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 9:18 pm

There are some amazing books that can get you started with the study of parapsychology.

If you are interested in this subject they are worth checking out.

But be warned they are indepth reading.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is Parapsychology   What is Parapsychology Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is Parapsychology
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
APPARITIONS ANONYMOUS INCORPORATED TEAM :: Paranormal :: Paranormal topics and mysteries :: WHAT IS PARAPSYCHOLOGY-
Jump to: