APPARITIONS ANONYMOUS INCORPORATED TEAM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
APPARITIONS ANONYMOUS INCORPORATED TEAM

We are a small group of paranormal investigators.With a medium and parapsychologist.We have some unique venues that take us to places sought after by many other paranormal groups.We go where others fear to tread.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

theme parks

Go down 
+8
lisa
funkidiva
crazycow
tots
jeff
pogo
lee
Claire101
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Claire101

theme parks Empty
PostSubject: theme parks   theme parks Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 12:21 am

I love roller coasters and rides...scare me to death but I love them even more for it!!!!!
some questions:
best theme park in UK? (alton towers/b'poolpleasure beach)
Best ride ever?(so far nemisis,I've got a thing for the ones your legs dangle from)
Worst ride ever?(Corkscrew after last time,came of battered cos the cars are rubbish and you bang your head,before that a woodie at Morecombe bay I nearly fell out of as a kid)
Steelies or woodies?(both...so long as they are well thought out...some steelies just thrown up for the sake of having a coaster tho,very boring...)
Whats Drayton manor like?
Anyone been on Kingda ka (6 flags I think?)?
Best theme park outside the uk?
Back to top Go down
lee
platinum investigator
platinum investigator
lee

theme parks Empty
PostSubject: Re: theme parks   theme parks Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 9:20 am

Ive been to lots of theme parks and Drayton manor is ok but not really that much for grown ups.What is there is ok.

best ones are in America nad some of the rides blow you away.

One good ride is the HULK at universal studioes another is duelling dragons at the same place.

Bush gardens has a ride like Oblivian which has two vertical drops. and lots of others that tear your hair out with.

I could live there just because of them.

Brill adrenalin rush.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aaincteam.com
pogo
platinum investigator
platinum investigator
pogo

theme parks Empty
PostSubject: Re: theme parks   theme parks Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 6:56 pm

this must be lees fav thread - me i get sick looking at the rides.
Back to top Go down
Claire101

theme parks Empty
PostSubject: Re: theme parks   theme parks Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 1:54 am

ah,I've seen the Hulk on tv....never been to America tho,but if I did I'd have to get on some of them!!!!

''and lots of others that tear your hair out''.

bring em on!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm terrified of heights,yet love coasters...bit strange really hehe....
Hate the long clank up.....but once there off and away whaaaayyyheyyyyy hehehehehe!!!!No turning back,even if you wanted too hehe!!!!!!!!!!

I'm off to look up Bush gardens and Uni studios etc and watch the rides!!!!

ah....Drayton manor not that good then.....
what about Thorpe park?

Why are there no new rides this year anywhere in UK???I hope there are some good ones lined up for next year....
Back to top Go down
lee
platinum investigator
platinum investigator
lee

theme parks Empty
PostSubject: Re: theme parks   theme parks Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 9:04 am

Im off to Blackpool later in the year and i will be trying that new one there that came out last year.

Bush gardens are very good for coaster fans.

The best place is Six flags look that one up it is in america.
Back to top Go down
jeff

theme parks Empty
PostSubject: Re: theme parks   theme parks Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 8:10 pm

Got to agree with you there Lee, Bush gardens is awesome, The one i like is called "monteau" it's like nemesis at alton towers except it's about five times bigger.

And to top it all off, you can get free beer there as well Laughing
Back to top Go down
pogo
platinum investigator
platinum investigator
pogo

theme parks Empty
PostSubject: Re: theme parks   theme parks Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 9:38 pm

say no more
Back to top Go down
tots
gold investigator
gold investigator
tots

theme parks Empty
PostSubject: Re: theme parks   theme parks Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 12:49 am

I love nemesis, and shockwave. The corkscrew at alton towers is awful. I went on as a child and a bolt fell onto the floor as we were going round. I cacked it and have never been on since.

Yes i handed the bolt in to the attendant. pale
Back to top Go down
lee
platinum investigator
platinum investigator
lee

theme parks Empty
PostSubject: Re: theme parks   theme parks Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 8:55 am

The corkscrew was good for its time but compaired to others today it is lagging behind.
Back to top Go down
crazycow
platinum investigator
platinum investigator
crazycow

theme parks Empty
PostSubject: Re: theme parks   theme parks Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 8:38 pm

I love scary rides and stuff!

Yahoooooooooooooooooooooo!
Back to top Go down
pogo
platinum investigator
platinum investigator
pogo

theme parks Empty
PostSubject: Re: theme parks   theme parks Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 10:50 pm

they leave me calling for hughie
Back to top Go down
Claire101

theme parks Empty
PostSubject: Re: theme parks   theme parks Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 12:56 pm

Ha,been caught up watching rides on utube....for a week hehehehe!

Gotta go to America!!!!!
Not fair!!!!Why cant we have some of them in the UK!!!!What we gots canny but some of those American coasters look barmy hehehehe!

Duelling dragons and that one like oblivion with the 2 drops and more have got my attention hehehehehe!!!!
Kingda ka.....and the other one like it,cant rememer its name....they just look barmy hehehehe!
What are they like to go on?

To me the corkscrew is horrible cos of the cars,I'm sure years ago the cars were much nicer (did they used to have the union jack on them or have I imagined that?)...now there like rejects from a ghost train!!!

Anyone know what the new rides coming in the next few years are?I've heard AT is getting a big mad woodie...but not sure if this is just rumour?
I love watching the reporters who hate them go on them when they open hehehehehehe......check out the GMTV woman on Infusion on utube hehehehehe!
Back to top Go down
pogo
platinum investigator
platinum investigator
pogo

theme parks Empty
PostSubject: Re: theme parks   theme parks Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 9:35 pm

i dont mind them keeping them.
Back to top Go down
funkidiva

funkidiva

theme parks Empty
PostSubject: Re: theme parks   theme parks Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 12:34 pm

I went to Blackpool Pleasure Beach last Wednesday and loved it. The wooden roller coasters they have there are great fun although slightly bumpy ride due to their age. Brilliant still and very fast at times! I was too scared to go on the Pepsi Max Big One though. Went on their Nemesis equivalent Infusion which was great. Went on this a couple of times as so much fun and your legs dangle on it.

Ive not been to a theme park abroad yet so at the mo Alton Towers is the best in my opinion with Nemesis as the ultimate ride. I love it! I agree about the Corkscrew though - it is a bumpy and uncomfortable ride and could really do with modernising it. Ive not been on Rita Queen of Speed yet but am hopefully going Alton Towers later on in the year so will try it then. The newish Pinball one is good too I think.

I could spend days on end at theme parks - love em Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lee
platinum investigator
platinum investigator
lee

theme parks Empty
PostSubject: Re: theme parks   theme parks Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 12:36 pm

yes i love Blackpool cannot wait until i go in October.
Back to top Go down
lisa

lisa

theme parks Empty
PostSubject: Re: theme parks   theme parks Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 11:42 pm

I dont like rides.
Back to top Go down
pogo
platinum investigator
platinum investigator
pogo

theme parks Empty
PostSubject: Re: theme parks   theme parks Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 12:03 am

glad i'm not on my own with that.
Back to top Go down
Claire101

theme parks Empty
PostSubject: Re: theme parks   theme parks Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 3:08 pm

Ooooooh,so Infusions good then,I'm gagging to get on that,excellent!!!

I've not been on Rita as its been broken when I've been but I've heard only good things about it hehehe...like your heart feels like its gonna stop etc hehehehehe!
Bring it on!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
pogo
platinum investigator
platinum investigator
pogo

theme parks Empty
PostSubject: Re: theme parks   theme parks Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 10:27 pm

not working! i would hate to be on th eride as it broke down - and if they keep breaking down i would be very very very very very very very worried.
Back to top Go down
Bex

Bex

theme parks Empty
PostSubject: Re: theme parks   theme parks Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 1:52 pm

i absolutely love rides, but i had a bit of a bad experience with nemesis because the restraint that goes over your head wouldn't stay down, i started to panick and nobody would help me lol! luckily i go it to stay down haha!
alton towers is ace though i love ripsaw! and rita is brilliant
Back to top Go down
Claire101

theme parks Empty
PostSubject: Re: theme parks   theme parks Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 7:13 pm

ha,this probably doesn't count but I went to the London Dungeons at the weekend and went on 2 'rides' there.The boat ride was very dark and.....very dark.......and.....very dark..........
I wasn't expecting much when at the end I climbed into my seat ready to get 'hung'.The restraints were huge,I could have fit 4 of me in mine,even my 17 stone mate was 'comfy' which he often isnt on rides with 'restraints'!
We'd had to remove handbags,brollies etc and glasses (still I wasn't paying much attention...).
As we were winched higher and higher I started to think 'blimey,this is a bit higher than I expected' but I got distracted listening to the drum roll and wondering how we would manage to put our heads in the nooses just ever so slightly out of our reach....
when the drum roll stopped and the world changed.....
I was still 20 foot in the air but my body was back on the ground level!!!
ha....I wasn't ready for that one little bit!!!!!I expected a little lurch but not a stone cold 'drop' hehehehehehehe!!!!!
Funny,it was tamer than tame by any other standard...but because I wasn't expecting much from this it was one of the best rides I've been on in ages!!!!!!!!
Anyone else been?
Back to top Go down
crazycow
platinum investigator
platinum investigator
crazycow

theme parks Empty
PostSubject: Re: theme parks   theme parks Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 11:03 am

RITA queen of speed at Alton Towers.

0 to 100mph in 2 and a half seconds!

What a buzz! Loved it!
Back to top Go down
fran
silver investigator
silver investigator
fran

theme parks Empty
PostSubject: Re: theme parks   theme parks Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 2:56 pm

I went Blackpool few years ago, and was persuaded to go on The Pepsi Max, threw my guts up when i got off.................. Not pleasant sight Exclamation
Back to top Go down
crazycow
platinum investigator
platinum investigator
crazycow

theme parks Empty
PostSubject: Re: theme parks   theme parks Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 3:53 pm

I love blackpool its fab!
Back to top Go down
Fusecienne
bronze investigator
bronze investigator
Fusecienne

theme parks Empty
PostSubject: Re: theme parks   theme parks Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 1:25 am

Give me blackpool any day!
I love the pepsi max... but wouldn't like to get stuck on the way up!
Has anybody been through the ghost house thingimy jig? ( the one where they all come out screaming? x)
dont like anything that takes my breath away (like pirate ships and log flumes)
Back to top Go down
beefy-beercan
tin novice investigator
tin novice investigator
beefy-beercan

theme parks Empty
PostSubject: Re: theme parks   theme parks Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 12:02 pm

Very Happy me too blackpools brill Very Happy

i cant get enough of the big one lol!
Back to top Go down
Fusecienne
bronze investigator
bronze investigator
Fusecienne

theme parks Empty
PostSubject: Re: theme parks   theme parks Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 12:20 am

i really want to go back to blackpool again this year and the london dungeons, i love scary rides.

i'm trying to pluck up the courage to get on the big red and white ride (dont know what it's called) at fantasy island in skeggy.

valhalla at blackpool is good x
Back to top Go down
tots
gold investigator
gold investigator
tots

theme parks Empty
PostSubject: Re: theme parks   theme parks Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 12:52 am

beefy wrote:
Very Happy me too blackpools brill Very Happy

i cant get enough of the big one lol!

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

theme parks Empty
PostSubject: Re: theme parks   theme parks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

theme parks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum