APPARITIONS ANONYMOUS INCORPORATED TEAM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
APPARITIONS ANONYMOUS INCORPORATED TEAM

We are a small group of paranormal investigators.With a medium and parapsychologist.We have some unique venues that take us to places sought after by many other paranormal groups.We go where others fear to tread.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do you do for a living.

Go down 
+25
mouse
robman
jan
Fusecienne
KT
shelmor
fran
stella
Nina
electrogirl
deni
Claire101
michelle clements
nat
madmaz
sarah.w
pebpop
Dr.Egon Spengler
pogo
crazycow
lisa
valerie
tots
shamrock
lee
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
lee
platinum investigator
platinum investigator
lee

What do you do for a living. Empty
PostSubject: What do you do for a living.   What do you do for a living. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 10:59 am

This i thought would interest people so i have added it to the forum as most people when you meet ask what you do for work.

People are getting to know people quite well on here but nobody has mentioned work yet.

So what do you see yourself as or do you like your jobs,or could it be a means to an end.

Would you like to do somebody elses job.

There are so many questions and there could be so many answers.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Back to top Go down
http://www.aaincteam.com
shamrock
gold investigator
gold investigator
shamrock

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living.   What do you do for a living. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 11:10 am

I am a primary school teacher in Spinney Hill in Leicester. I am currently working in year 4 with 8-9 year olds.
Its not a job I love, but also its not a job I hate.

If I could do anything I would be a mechanic, but not sure I'd be able to get buy on the reduced pay Laughing

Last edited by shamrock on Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tots
gold investigator
gold investigator
tots

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living.   What do you do for a living. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 12:13 pm

Im a fresh food supervisor in a local convienience store. I HATE IT!!!! Its not as glam as it sounds. I have recently had 2 interviews, 1 for a care assistant at one of leicesters hospitals, the other for a selling assistant position at John Lewis ( I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY want that one!!)

If I could do any job I would like to be the owner of a great big indoor adventure centre for kids. I get to give kids somewhere to go and play and also i get to play all day. Well you gotta make sure its safe and fun Wink
Back to top Go down
valerie
bronze investigator
bronze investigator
valerie

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living.   What do you do for a living. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 4:49 pm

i was a sock turner and sock cutter for ladies and children socks and tights my ambition was to be a hairdresser ive allways worked in a factory
Back to top Go down
lisa

lisa

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living.   What do you do for a living. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 6:53 pm

I'm a legal secretary at a solicitors firm, which is quite intresting actually!
Back to top Go down
crazycow
platinum investigator
platinum investigator
crazycow

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living.   What do you do for a living. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 7:11 pm

I am a part time cleaner and also i am now a part time scheme manager at Willow court and Beech Court Retirement Homes. I work for a company called Anchor.

I love my job and the people i work with are fab!
Back to top Go down
pogo
platinum investigator
platinum investigator
pogo

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living.   What do you do for a living. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 8:05 pm

well if you haven't guessed i am a primary school teacher teaching yr 4. this is only my second year in the job and i love it! been a telephonist and shop assistant for years, aswell as a biscuit packer which i hated - will never complain about the price of biscuits again as it was bloody hard work.
Back to top Go down
Dr.Egon Spengler

Dr.Egon Spengler

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living.   What do you do for a living. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 9:06 pm

Mechanical field engineer Wink
Sounds great doesn't it...I fix/service fork lifts on sites it gets me to some very interesting places (for me anyway) love the job pay not great but I've learnt money is not everything although it helps.
My ideal job hmmm........I'm not sure, I like my job I'll have to give it some thought more money to enjoy my hobbies to the full, now then....to be continued
Back to top Go down
lee
platinum investigator
platinum investigator
lee

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living.   What do you do for a living. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 10:04 pm

Well ive done many jobs but at the moment i am a museum assistant and also the city councils resident medium.
It is a job i love and i could not ask for anything better.I get to do all things interesting and alot of it is behind the scenes which is very interesting.

Ive done sock knitting for at Wolsey for 14 years too long.

Ive also worked on the market which i can say i enjoyed in this role i sold from fruit and veg to ladies underwear. Yes that is right i even had to messure ladies bra sizes.

Ive worked in a florist as my family owned one and i know how to make bouquets and wedding bouquets and wreaths.

I have been a carer for my children for a few years while they were not old enough to go to school.

My pay is ok but it could be better but i enjoy all things and you only make things what they are yourself.
Back to top Go down
pebpop

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living.   What do you do for a living. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 10:32 pm

Till last week I was a full time mum, but just got a new job in HR, before that I was an accountant.

I now work 3 days a week, and already spending my first wage on shoes.
Back to top Go down
sarah.w
gold investigator
gold investigator
sarah.w

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living.   What do you do for a living. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 10:51 pm

My jobs very interesting as i make medicenes and capsule and creams for chemist,doctors and hospitals,also we make alot of cancer drugs for poorly children,like most people i have off days with work but have been there for ten years now so it caint bebad can it.Ive also worked in a shop,tv and video and sunbed shop and also done computor work at cromwell tools not bad eh considering im a mum of three as well.

Last edited by sarah.w on Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
crazycow
platinum investigator
platinum investigator
crazycow

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living.   What do you do for a living. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 11:18 pm

Isnt it interesting how different our jobs are?

I use to work in a family bakery on Bowling green street. That was really the best job ever and i loved every second of it. But as i said before i love the job ive got now. I work with scarefair and shes just brill to work with!

Oh and sarah my uncle works for cromwell!
Back to top Go down
pogo
platinum investigator
platinum investigator
pogo

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living.   What do you do for a living. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 9:13 pm

they do say that variety is the spice of life - if i could offer anyone advice on career changes it would be go for it! my dad always reckoned i was too thick and stupid(his actual words)to make anything of my life! i always worked hard for my cash and then had my kids thats when i realised there was more i wanted, i didnt want to be a part time employee and someones mum so with the support of my huby and especially the kids i went to college and followed my dreams. after 7years of study i am now in the job i always wanted to do. so if you have a dream go for it the rest will work itself out.
Back to top Go down
crazycow
platinum investigator
platinum investigator
crazycow

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living.   What do you do for a living. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 9:15 pm

Couldnt of put it better myself!
Good on ya chick Wink
Back to top Go down
madmaz
silver investigator
silver investigator
madmaz

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living.   What do you do for a living. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 4:20 pm

Well as some of you may know i work at tesco petrol station where i shout at customers, read papers and generally do naff all lol. only joking.
Started work life out in factories, biscuits, knitwear and leisure wear. Bored for the past twenty years.
And then i found tesco and hey ho ive never looked back haha!!
Would really enjoy it if the petrol prices didnt keep coming up, and the customers moaning.
I would love to find a real worth while job. But tesco does for the time being.
Back to top Go down
nat
bronze investigator
bronze investigator
nat

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living.   What do you do for a living. Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 1:40 pm

Im a hotel receptionist for the premier inn when Im working that is obv on mat leave at mo whoo hoo no work till next June for me. I would say its an interesting job but Id be lying lol.
Back to top Go down
pogo
platinum investigator
platinum investigator
pogo

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living.   What do you do for a living. Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 7:09 pm

bet you see some funny sights though. i used to work as a telephonist for BT and some of the things i got to hear was brill - 1 woman couldnt get hold of her husband, she was working away and her home phone was engaged - i tested it for her to see if it was off the hook - when i went in on the line i heard her husband having a very good time with someone else - off course i told her he was busy, not my place to interfere!
Back to top Go down
tots
gold investigator
gold investigator
tots

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living.   What do you do for a living. Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 10:50 pm

Oh cool! You could eavesdrop?? I wanna job at BT tongue tongue Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pogo
platinum investigator
platinum investigator
pogo

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living.   What do you do for a living. Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 11:20 pm

ooooooh i could write a book about my 12 years at BT.
Back to top Go down
shamrock
gold investigator
gold investigator
shamrock

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living.   What do you do for a living. Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 11:39 pm

Maybe you should cos it certainly pays better than teaching.
Back to top Go down
pogo
platinum investigator
platinum investigator
pogo

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living.   What do you do for a living. Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 11:44 pm

very true - just got my p60 pig pale
Back to top Go down
shamrock
gold investigator
gold investigator
shamrock

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living.   What do you do for a living. Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 11:48 pm

Yep me too. Look lovely don't they. Feel like framing it so people can see ow much i'm being scammed.
Back to top Go down
pogo
platinum investigator
platinum investigator
pogo

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living.   What do you do for a living. Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 12:56 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
michelle clements

michelle clements

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living.   What do you do for a living. Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 8:40 pm

hi, after working in socks ,shoes & tescos i took 7 years out of work to look after my kids
then in january this year i took a position as a kitchen assistant at leicester junior grammer school
so im a school dinner lady yayy
i love my job & only work 2 hours aday hehe
Back to top Go down
pogo
platinum investigator
platinum investigator
pogo

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living.   What do you do for a living. Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 10:01 pm

one of the hardest jobs though - i couldnt do it.
Back to top Go down
Dr.Egon Spengler

Dr.Egon Spengler

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living.   What do you do for a living. Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 1:22 am

shamrock wrote:
Yep me too. Look lovely don't they. Feel like framing it so people can see ow much i'm being scammed.
You peeps make me laugh!
Back to top Go down
shamrock
gold investigator
gold investigator
shamrock

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living.   What do you do for a living. Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 11:53 am

Only because you are jealous Egon lol!
Back to top Go down
Claire101

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living.   What do you do for a living. Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 2:12 am

At the moment nothing as I'm training in the Bowen technique....when I qualify I'll be setting up my own business as a therapist (reflex,aroma,massage also)

Previous work includes shovelling s**t (equine),
selling ice-cream,
therapist (aroma/massage/reflex)
Back to top Go down
pogo
platinum investigator
platinum investigator
pogo

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living.   What do you do for a living. Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 9:34 pm

oooooooh a good person to know
Back to top Go down
deni

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living.   What do you do for a living. Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 10:47 am

Its nice to know a bit more about people... Im trying to catch up as Iv not been on for a few weeks following a holiday.

Im a Technical Author/Trainer. Basically I write training manuals and IT system guides for Siemens. I was a free lance trainer for quite some time before that, but Iv done all sorts including, McDonalds, warehouse work and sewing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you do for a living.   What do you do for a living. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you do for a living.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
APPARITIONS ANONYMOUS INCORPORATED TEAM :: General :: CHAT-
Jump to: