APPARITIONS ANONYMOUS INCORPORATED TEAM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
APPARITIONS ANONYMOUS INCORPORATED TEAM

We are a small group of paranormal investigators.With a medium and parapsychologist.We have some unique venues that take us to places sought after by many other paranormal groups.We go where others fear to tread.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RIDE TO THE WALL

Go down 
+3
tots
shelmor
jan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
jan

jan

RIDE TO THE WALL Empty
PostSubject: RIDE TO THE WALL   RIDE TO THE WALL Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 4:53 pm

This Saturday Norm and myself went on a bikers ride to the National Memorial Arboretum in Staffordshire.

It was to serve two purposes. One was to honour our fallen troops in all the wars and terrorist attacks. The other was to raise money for the War Memorial Fund, because they had funding for the up keep of this beautiful, peaceful place taken away by the government a little while back.

The Harley Davidson Club Of Great Britain were the organisers of this. Normally only Harley Davidson members were able to go on this run. But this year they opened it up to all bikers and trikers.

We felt very proud to be able to honour all the brave men and women that have lost their lives to protect others, and also to remember all the innocent men, women and children that also pay the price for war and terrorism.

The Police and Harley Club were only expecting a few hundred bikers / trikers to turn up. But over 2000 did.

We did hear numbers being said in the region of 4000 turning up.

We all paid a registry fee and bought yellow ribbons sold at the beginning of the run and poppies to put on the bikes/ trikes.

The money made going to the Memorial Fund.

Here is a clip from the start of the run..which started at the Tamworth Services and travelled the 17 miles to the War Memorial.

Not far into the clip you will see some trikes come around ( for those that don't know what a trike is..it has three wheels ), Norm and myself are on the fifth trike to come around followed by a Cossack Bike with a Sidecar on it.

It was an awesome run.

But most humbling was seeing all the names on the wall and seeing a blank wall waiting for any new names to be added.

There are some other links on here as well that can be clicked on once this one stops playing. One of them called Ride to the wall october 2008 ( sure thats what it title is ), that one shows some of the service.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Tsu-SmBR9g&feature=related
Back to top Go down
shelmor
silver investigator
silver investigator
shelmor

RIDE TO THE WALL Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIDE TO THE WALL   RIDE TO THE WALL Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 6:21 pm

Thats a fantastic turnout Jan. Hopefully there'll be a fair bit of money raised. I've not clicked on the link yet as i have to wait til i next visit here on the pc. But i'd imagine it to of been quite an amazing sight with all the riders.
Back to top Go down
tots
gold investigator
gold investigator
tots

RIDE TO THE WALL Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIDE TO THE WALL   RIDE TO THE WALL Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 7:03 pm

That must have been an amazing experience. There are some fab bikes there. What a fantastic thing to have been a part of.
Back to top Go down
jan

jan

RIDE TO THE WALL Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIDE TO THE WALL   RIDE TO THE WALL Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 9:16 pm

Back to top Go down
crazycow
platinum investigator
platinum investigator
crazycow

RIDE TO THE WALL Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIDE TO THE WALL   RIDE TO THE WALL Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 10:15 pm

Jan thats amazing!

Bet it was fantastic to be there.
Back to top Go down
sarah.w
gold investigator
gold investigator
sarah.w

RIDE TO THE WALL Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIDE TO THE WALL   RIDE TO THE WALL Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 10:15 pm

Well done to all of you Jan have watched the clip and saw you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aaincteam.com
valerie
bronze investigator
bronze investigator
valerie

RIDE TO THE WALL Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIDE TO THE WALL   RIDE TO THE WALL Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 12:26 am

well done jan and norm so pleased you had a good turn out you were brave going round there
Back to top Go down
pogo
platinum investigator
platinum investigator
pogo

RIDE TO THE WALL Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIDE TO THE WALL   RIDE TO THE WALL Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 11:56 pm

bikers always impress me (not just cos my hubby is one) they often have a bad reputation yet they turn out and great stuff like this. my husband has done the toy run, once before usually sets off from rockingham speedway and so good to soooo many bikers dressed as santa and doing a good job at the same time.
Back to top Go down
jan

jan

RIDE TO THE WALL Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIDE TO THE WALL   RIDE TO THE WALL Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 11:16 am

Yes we're planning to do the toy run. Am looking to put an Elf costume together and Norm is going to dress as Santa or Rudolf..think Santa is more probable.

Jan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RIDE TO THE WALL Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIDE TO THE WALL   RIDE TO THE WALL Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RIDE TO THE WALL
Page 1 of 1